Wednesday, January 3, 2018

I can be a Spartan too

Usually at the beginning of the year on social media it is easy to find people declaring their new intentions.  Weight loss, debt reduction, travel.  But this year I noticed several people making anti resolution posts.  "You can choose to be better every day, not just on New Year's Day".  Yes, that is obviously true but those people making that assertion probably were not at the gym this morning.  Whether it is on Monday's or on New Year's Day or at the beginning of the month, I think it is necessary to make resolutions to be better.  I also think that it is necessary to verbalize your commitments publicly or at least to people that will support you.  These small actions demonstrate a belief in self.  You believe enough in yourself that you are willing to risk public failure.  That is courageous.  So many people are so convinced that they will fail that they won't even say that they plan on losing a few pounds.  Don't be that guy!  I believe in myself.  I am going to finish the Utah Super Spartan Race in Eden on July 28, 2018.  Join me

No comments:

Post a Comment